[Buddha-l] A very brave lady

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jul 16 12:20:49 MDT 2007

On Monday 16 July 2007 11:53, curt wrote:

> She is spouting right-wing propaganda. Where is the bravery in that? And
> the things she says about Jews are, well, odd.

Perhaps you could begin by telling us what you find odd about this:

\begin{quote}
The Jews have come from the tragedy (of the Holocaust), and forced the world
to respect them, with their knowledge, not with their terror, with their
work, not their crying and yelling. Humanity owes most of the discoveries and
science of the 19th and 20th centuries to Jewish scientists. 15 million
people, scattered throughout the world, united and won their rights through
work and knowledge. We have not seen a single Jew blow himself up in a German
restaurant. We have not seen a single Jew destroy a church. We have not seen
a single Jew protest by killing people. The Muslims have turned three Buddha
statues into rubble. We have not seen a single Buddhist burn down a Mosque,
kill a Muslim, or burn down an embassy. Only the Muslims defend their beliefs
by burning down churches, killing people, and destroying embassies. This path
will not yield any results. The Muslims must ask themselves what they can do
for humankind, before they demand that humankind respect them.
\end{quote}

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if even Dan Lusthaus agreed with at least part
of what she says here.

--
Richard