[Buddha-l] Re: The Dalai Lama on Self-Loathing

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Jul 1 14:24:32 MDT 2007

Here are the contents of Kakar's Essential Writings book, giving an idea of
what he covers in his work. I plan to get this one:

Sudhir Kakar (Author), T. G. Vaidyanathan (Introduction).
_The Essential Writings of Sudhir Kakar_. OUP, 2001.

Contents: Introduction by T.G. Vaidyanathan. I. Childhood and identity: 1.
Mother and infants. 2. The child in Indian tradition. 3. The revolutionary
Yogi: childhood of Swami Vivekananda. II. Culture and healing: 4. Lord of
the spirit world. 5. The Guru as healer. 6. The body image. 7. Clinical work
and cultural imagination. 8. The maternal—feminine in Indian psychoanalysis.
III. Erotic love: 9. The cloistered passion of Radha and Krishna. 10. Gandhi
and women. 11. Lovers in the dark. IV. Religion and psyche: 12. Ramakrishna
and the mystical experience. 13. The Virtuous Virago. 14. Meeting the
Mullahs. 15. Religious conflict in the modern World. Notes and references.
Bibliography. Index.

Joanna

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:19 PM