[Buddha-l] A New Crime

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 24 18:58:07 MST 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 08:37, curt wrote:

> For those who are fond of the pernicious "protestant buddhism" meme, Sri
> Lankan Buddhism is actually the best example we have of what such a
> thing might look like.

What is a meme? I don't seem to have a dictionary that has this word in it.
And while you are dishing out explanations, could you explain why
the "protestant buddhism" meme is a pernicious one? Are there non-pernicious
memes? (Is a pernicious meme one that causes someone to get the screamin'
memies? And is a benign meme one that causes someone to say "C'est la même
chose."?)

Sorry to ask so many questions, but without asking them I would be destined to
remain ignorant. Like our president.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy