[Buddha-l] Fighting creationism

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Sun Apr 1 09:35:34 MDT 2007

Bonjour buddha-l,

Cordialement,

Joy Vriens
joy at vrienstrad.com
01/04/2007

Votre message:

-----
De :  Richard Hayes
À :  BUDDHA_L Forum
Date : 2007-03-31, 16:43:20
Sujet : [Buddha-l] Fighting creationism

>Should we on buddha-l lend these French scientists a helping hand?

Yes, you could pray for Nicolas Sarkozy and the UMP to not win the elections. Until now, French education has been centralised, which leaves hardly any freedom to do anything outside the school programms. Perhaps a bit more freedom in private (confessional) schools. But now Gaullism is disappearing and liberalism is waiting at the door, I don't know what will happen when private funding will enter the education system. Sarkozy is a liberalist and a what the French call a""Communautarist", basically a multiculturalist, i.e. acknowledging, farming and catering the needs of the various religious and other communities in France, so you can play out the ones against the others. This hellish combination wille likely work against the republican idea of a lay society. Fine times ahead.

In French : http://www.cnrs.fr/cw/dossiers/dosevol/decouv/articles/chap1/lecointre5.html