[Buddha-l] Re: Is there any Buddhist influence on the earlyGreeks?

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Fri Sep 8 01:22:13 MDT 2006

rhayes at unm.edu wrote:
"For most of my academic career I have been astonished at what enormous
conclusions classicists draw from very skimpy evidence."

What are conclusions for if it isn't to leap over gaps? The bigger the gap, the bigger the conclusion.

And anyone who astonishes me does me a great service and deserves my deepest gratitude.
Of course I am from a generation that grew up with TV. Give me a fact and I wouldn't know what to do with it.