[Buddha-l] Re: Is there any Buddhist influence on the earlyGreeks?

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 04:21:56 MDT 2006

Hi,

  If you go to the Amazon website, there is a review by Denise Anderson. Denise is actually, Shakya Aryanatta. Do have a look at his website http://www.attan.com/

  -------

  Of the many 1000s of books on Indian and Greek metaphysics I own, this is the only one written within the past 40 years thats intelligent and insightful. The author has the better part of a grasp upon the Monistic ontology of Greek and Indian metaphysics and the "ascent to the One" (epistrophe). Noticeably those greats such as Dr. A.K. Coomaraswamy and S. Radhakrishnan loved both Neoplatonism and Indian Advaita metaphysics equally, and in the same par as them is the author of this, Mr. McEvilley. From someone that despises nearly all books as profane trash written by simpleminded fools, let me say this book is not one of them; which is an incredible exception to the rule of modern sophistry and existentialist empiricism.

Recommending only 10 books out of over many 1000s I own on being a genuine book upon Metaphysics, this is one of those very few 10.

  Best wishes,
  Rahula