[Buddha-l] The Shape of Ancient Thought

Steven Rhodes srhodes at boulder.net
Wed Sep 6 16:56:51 MDT 2006

Dear Richard,

Well, you might want to scratch Ahmadinejad off your "approved" list:
go read the article about him in today's NYTimes.  He wants to purge the
universities of liberal and secular professors.  My, where have we heard
that before?

As to Socrates, I remember reading the Penguin pb. The Last Days of
Socrates in college and being incredibly moved by it.  A friend of mine
read The Apology in Greek class and broke down in tears.  From your
reportage, it seems like those days have passed.

Steve