[Buddha-l] Natural lucidity for all, a Buddhist dream

Fools Crow foolscrow at marmotpress.org
Sat Sep 2 11:33:28 MDT 2006

On Sep 2, 2006, at 11:06 AM, Joy Vriens wrote:

> ***Can something virtual produce "real" results? And how real can
> those results as long as we think they are real?
>
> "In stead of doing initiations we could let ourselvers become
> addicted to specific bodhigames."
>
> They already exist and are called mind traning (blo sbyong) etc. ;-)
>
> Joy

I would think so. One's expectations can be involved in the cause of
what happens to her. One's idea of the nature of reality (which is
always mistaken -- mind and memory imagery is always "virtual"). I am
not what the difference could be between "reality" and "virtual
reality" except with "reality" we probably share a higher proportion
of our notions of "reality" than we do with our (or their) "virtual
reality".

There, now. I have gone and confused myself again. I think I will
rereae Ecco's Foucault Pendulum.

Fools Crow
foolscrow at marmotpress.org