[Buddha-l] Natural lucidity for all, a Buddhist dream

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Sat Sep 2 11:06:08 MDT 2006

Hi Eric,

"One lucid dream doesn't make nirvaa.na yet, but it may be a significant
step in the practice of dreamyoga."

***If one takes the metaphore of awakening quite literally, then all one needs to awaken is to awake. I don't know why the Buddha (if it was him) picked that particular metaphore, rather then one of cleaning the dust from a mirror, or painfully building a 3-stored house, traveling through bhumis etc.

"I don't think that it has anything to
do with the grey mass, and that the metaphore of wiring is misleading."

***I am a total nitwit in general but even more so when it comes to grey mass, but isn't there something called synapses or something, that can be maintained or developped. You know when they say about your brain "use it or lose it"?

"Gamers just have developed specific mindhabits. But even then it opens
new possibilities and a new field in computer technology: Computer Aided
Nirvaa.na."

***Can something virtual produce "real" results? And how real can those results as long as we think they are real?

"In stead of doing initiations we could let ourselvers become
addicted to specific bodhigames."

They already exist and are called mind traning (blo sbyong) etc. ;-)

Joy