[Buddha-l] there he goes again (sam harris)

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Sun Oct 29 00:38:46 MDT 2006

Richard wrote,

>The only belief I have about the foundations of mindfulness is that I like
>doing them, and doing them is a lot less expensive than other things I enjoy.

I believe that the cement of any mental construction is belief. I could ask you why you like the  foundations of mindfulness and try and point out to you what I would probably qualify as beliefs, but I am sure that is unnecessary :-)
I expect that you will agree that anything motivating us, is somehow linked with what can be called belief or faith.

Buddhism witout belief is a title with a lot of irony and selfdeprecating humour.