[Buddha-l] Lexical resources

James Ward jamesward at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 20 19:55:03 MST 2006

Hi all,

I can't remember if these have been mentioned here or not.  Seishi
Karashima's _A Glossary of Dharmaraks.a's Translation of the Lotus
Sutra_ and _A Glossary of Kumaarajiiva's Translation of the Lotus
Sutra_ are available for download at the following page (The
International Research Institute for Advanced Buddhology at Soka
University):

http://iriab.soka.ac.jp/orc/english.html

The first is around 27 MB, the second around 10 MB.  After a brief
once-over, it looks like they might be easier to use as bound volumes.
I think I'll try that -- this is my first encounter with "international
reply coupons," which seem to be about to celebrate their centenary...
Each volume appears to be available for twenty of these coupons apiece
to cover postage and handling.

(The Dharmaraks.a volume is BPPB Vol. I, to be found at the bottom of
the web-page.)

James Ward