[Buddha-l] Re: Photographs of buddha-l regulars

Tyler Cann tycann2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 23:46:13 MST 2006

Ha! I thought I was the only person uncool (which I mean in the best possible way) enough to sit around and ponder what the Buddha looked like.  I have heard that he was possibly of more of an Ethiopian-type race rather than an Indian one, though I don't know how valid this theory is.

What I think is even more fun is to imagine the Buddha with all the 32 Lakkha.na Mahaapurisa-- tongue lapping out over 40 teeth, licking the ears; arms of ape-like length, dangling to his knees; pointed, webbed fingers, etc.  I shan't even broach the odd topic of the seemingly hermaphroditic kosohitavatthguyho.  Unfortunately I lack even the scantest hint of artistic ability-- otherwise I would create a super-cool Mahaapurisa superhero comic book.
-Tyler