[Buddha-l] Was Buddha a Buddhist

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Wed May 24 12:00:10 MDT 2006

Is there clear, or even suggestive, evidence to support the idea that
"Buddhism" and "Hinduism" are mutually exclusive? "Exclusivism" is not a
feature of religions in general (although it is a feature of certain
religions) - and it is specifically not a feature of Buddhism - at least
in practice. I also think a strong case can be made that it is not a
general feature of Hinduism. If neither Buddhism nor Hinduism are
exclusive in general - is there reason form assuming that they are
specifically exclusive of each other?
- Curt