[Buddha-l] Re: Where does authority for "true" Buddhism come from?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Jan 30 15:47:04 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 22:56 +0100, Vicente Gonzalez wrote:

> maybe still you can remember your defence of the nervous system as the
> cause of the arising of -self.

No, I have never held such a view. I cannot remember what never existed.
I do have a copy of just about every message I have ever written to
buddha-l, and I am slowly putting some of them on my website. In reading
through thousands of messages I have written, I can't find anything even
remotely similar to what you see convinced I have said. My suggestion to
you is just to drop this topic. It is doing no one any good at all, and
all you are doing is making yourself look more and more like a burrito.

--
Richard