[Buddha-l] Re: Where does authority for "true" Buddhism come from?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 30 07:16:23 MST 2006

Benito Carral schreef:

>On Monday, January 30, 2006, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:
>

>>This is the fallacy of anonymous authority.
>>

>   Not  at  all. I'm just asking you why you think that
>rebirth  and  anatmavada  are not compatible. Could you
>explain it?

Sure this rebirth-consciousness has to exist independent of a body,
independent of anything for that matter, being the carrier of karma
between someone who doesn't yet exist and someone who doesn't exist
anymore. Besides it has to be strictly individual, because it is
conditioned by a persons karma. In other words it is an aatman.

--

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms