[Buddha-l] Re:American Mahayana/British Theravada?

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 16:30:55 MST 2006

Stefan Detrez wrote:

> Stephen Hodge in Tibetan Buddhism.

Just as small clarification.  I don't actually specialize in Tibetan
Buddhism -- I use Tibetan language materials to access Indian Buddhist
works.  But I also use Chinese almost as much as Tibeta, with dashes of
Sanskrit, Pali and Mongolian as the need arises.  That is to say, my main
interest is in early Mahayana and early Tantra.  There is so much work to be
done in those areas, and thus I have little time or (now) inclination to do
native Tibetan Buddhism.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge