[Buddha-l] Benefit concert for Doctor's Without Borders

Bill Kish wdkish81 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 09:18:07 MST 2006

I received the enclosed invitation from another list I am on.
I believe some on this list mentioned "Doctors Without Borders"
favorably when the Tsunami hit not so long ago, so I hope the
moderators will allow this submission.

-----------

Dear Friend,

On Monday, January 23, there will be a special performance of
Beethoven's Ninth Symphony at Carnegie Hall to benefit MSF's
programs in response to the earthquake in South Asia.  We hope
that you will consider joining us and will forward this email
to family, friends, and colleagues you think may be interested.
For more information on MSF's activities in the region, please
visit http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org.

The New York office of Holland & Knight and The Holland & Knight
Charitable Foundation invite you to attend an unprecedented
performance of

BEETHOVEN'S NINTH SYMPHONY

A benefit concert for the victims of the October 2005 Earthquake
in South Asia

Beneficiary: Doctors Without Borders

Monday, January 23, 2006
7:30 p.m.
Isaac Stern Auditorium, Carnegie Hall

Conductor George Mathew will lead a specially formed orchestra
and chorus in a performance of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in
Stern Auditorium, Carnegie Hall, Monday, January 23, 2006, at
7:30 pm. This historic event has been organized to raise funds
and awareness for the survivors of the October 2005 cataclysmic
event in South Asia that left 3 million people homeless. Mr.
Mathew, who is also the Artistic Director, conceived the idea
of bringing together some of the world's finest orchestral
players, to perform Beethoven's masterpiece in a politically
neutral setting to help those suffering from the ravages of the
harsh conditions in the mountainous regions of a stricken land.

Those participating include:

Senior members of New York Philharmonic, Boston Symphony Orchestra,
The Philadelphia Orchestra, Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, St. Louis
Symphony Orchestra, Brooklyn Philharmonic Orchestra, New Jersey
Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra of St. Luke's, Albany Symphony
Orchestra, New Haven Symphony Orchestra, Amsterdam Sinfoniett, and
other orchestras and members of Emerson String Quartet, American
String Quartet, Brentano String Quartet, students, graduates and
faculty of the Manhattan School of Music, The Juilliard School,
and the Mannes College of Music.

Tax deductible tickets range in price from $30.00 to $175.00 and
are available at the Carnegie Hall Box Office or may be ordered
through CarnegieCharge 212-247-7800 or http://www.carnegiehall.org

If you cannot attend this event, but would like to donate to this
cause, please download a pledge form at

 http://www.hklaw.com/content/events/carnegiehallpledgeform.pdf.

Send completed pledge forms to:

Holland & Knight Charitable Foundation
P.O. Box 2877
Tampa, FL  33601-2877

For questions, please contact Angela Ruth, Executive Director of
the Holland & Knight Charitable Foundation, at 813-769-4360.