[Buddha-l] gorgeous sung version of Heart Sutra

Dante Rosati dante at interport.net
Thu Jan 12 08:40:34 MST 2006

Now here we see two spiritual partners
>beaming with happiness, teaching a method
>(http://www.world-view.org/aci/online/onlineformal.html) that can lead
>others to the very same realisation allowing them to bloom and beam just
>like their mentors. They show through their living exemple that
>enlightenment exists and that methodology works.

I'm sure Jim Jones and his followers were beaming with happiness too when
they first moved to Jonestown. Beaming with happiness can be a sign of
enlightenment or of being in a cult, (or even of just drinking too much
beer). I'm not saying which is the case here, just pointing out that
"beaming with happiness" does not definitively evaluate one's level of
realization.

Noone is criticising GMR for finding a cute girlfriend. The problem (as far
as I can glean from the voluminous thread on Esangha) is that his
ordinations at this point are not kosher (to mix metaphors) due to his
having a girlfriend which (unless I am mistaken) is not allowed in the
Vinaya. Apparently, if he actually has realized Generation Stage, then its
OK for him to keep his robes and have a girlfriend, but unless he levitates
or makes the sun stop in the sky noone knows if he actually has attained
this, therefore noone knows if he's still a monk or not, and can therefore
give ordinations or not. Or something like that. It seems awefully
complicated. Whatever. I'm just glad the nice lady recorded the Heart Sutra
in Sanskrit.

Dante