[Buddha-l] Time Is Not Real

Bernie Simon bsimon at toad.net
Fri Feb 10 17:27:16 MST 2006

I think if Nagarjuna were alive today, instead of writing the MMK, he'd
be putting up a crank web site on the Internet explaining why causality
and motion are impossible.

"Here is another way of looking at it. According to the definition of
motion, to move from one position to another takes a certain time
interval. Time is an evolution parameter that is used in physics to
denote change, regardless of the type or rate of change. Therefore, to
change position in time would require a meta-time, i.e., a second time
dimension orthogonal to the first. This meta-time would itself require
a meta-meta-time and so forth. Before we have time (pun intended) to
realize it, we find ourselves mired in an infinite regress dilemma."

http://www.rebelscience.org/Crackpots/notorious.htm

----
Bernie Simon AKA
Jinpa Zangpo