[Buddha-l] Political views of Buddhists

upasaka at optonline.net upasaka at optonline.net
Sun Dec 17 07:15:59 MST 2006

Hi, Jack -

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:23:24 EST
> From: Jackhat1 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Buddha-l] Political views of Buddhists
> To: buddha-l at mailman.swcp.com
>

> In a message dated 12/14/2006 1:02:35 P.M. Central Standard
> Time,
> rhayes at unm.edu writes:
>

> I'm eager as hell to hear reports of where my beloved fellow
> denizens reside
>
> on the Political Compass graph. So drop what you're doing and
> take the test!
>

> economic: -1.5
> social: -4.1
>
> I found many of the questions poorly worded. For instance, one
> question is
> whether "Making peace with the establishment is an important
> aspect of
> maturity." One could be strongly against the establishment and
> still find a peace
> with it.
>
> Jack
        I also was unhappy with a number of the questions. I tried to not respond to one, but that wasn't permitted. (Damn fascist test! LOL!)
        My score was Economic: + 1.38 (sorry, Richard! ;-), and Social: -6.56.

With metta,
Howard

/Thus is how ye shall see all this fleeting world: A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream, a flash of lightning in a summer cloud, a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream./            (From the Diamond Sutra)