[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist family life

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Mon Dec 11 13:51:16 MST 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Benito Carral wrote:

>    Generalizations are useful when they are correct, no
> matter how hastily they are written.

I am afraid that you are insisting, with no supporting evidence
whatsoever, that your generalizations are necessarily correct.
I, for one, do not agree, so I reckon I am allowed to dismiss your
generalization until further information is produced?

>> Do  you  meant  that most Westerners are Marxists, or
>> that most Marxists are Westerners?
>
>    I  don't  think that such an ambiguity is present in
> my  words,  anyway,  what I say is that most Westerners
> are  marxists,  although in an unconscious way, just as
> cultural marxist social enginery attempts.

I see. We are unaware that we are Marxists (hence evil cancers?)
Who is aware that we are unconscious Marxists other than yourself?
Where do I go to get a second opinion?

>    You can also read this article:
>
>    http://www.tomvalentine.com/html/culture_wars.html

Wow! Some article. I'm very pleased not to base my ideas of
civilization on this stuff!
Not that I am very comfortable about the standards of the
civilization I inhabit, I am
thankfully not yet rabid. (Rabies, unlike cancer, is a disease that
kills but that has no cure.)

This is a discussion that seems to not be going in a very useful
direction unless someone picks it up
and can relate it back to some topic having to do with Buddhism or
with ethics or something
useful (or unless I am the only one who sees it as another of those
blind alleys blocked by an absolute truth on either end.).
Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org