[Buddha-l] Pudgalavada - Vasumitra2b

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.plus.com
Thu Dec 7 18:46:01 MST 2006

L.S. Cousins wrote:

> Surely, the point is that they are not cittasamprayukta i.e. they don't
> share the same object, material base, etc. They are not dissociated from
> citta in the sense of being quite separated.

Lance,

Well, perhaps it depends from what context you are speaking.  As far as I
know, the Vaibhasika view is that they are quite separate from mind.  But I
am not sure why you are bringing this up -- the viprayukta / asamprayukta in
the Vasumitra text doesn't seem to be obviously talking about
citta-viprayukta-dharmas.  Perhaps I'm missing something.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge