[Buddha-l] Pudgalavada - Vasumitra2b

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 7 10:32:53 MST 2006

Stephen,

>L.S. Cousins wrote:
>
>>But seriously, I should probably have kept to the Pali vippayutta-
>>and sampayutta-. Still what then do you understand a
>>(citta)viprayuktadharma to be ?
>
>Basically, one of the list of twenty-four or so beginning with
>praapti and ending with asaamagrii.

Replied like a true Yogaacaarin. But what does the term viprayukta
mean here ? Or, rather what does it mean to the Vaibhaa.sikas from
whom they took over the term, since in Yogaacaara many of them are
simply concepts.

Surely, the point is that they are not cittasamprayukta i.e. they
don't share the same object, material base, etc. They are not
dissociated from citta in the sense of being quite separated.

Lance