[Buddha-l] Panchen Lama

Baopiguy at comcast.net Baopiguy at comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 13:14:07 MDT 2006

They might if they are not Buddhists........the
Buddha rejected reincarnation in favor of
"rebirth" which is much different. Some months
after I pointed this out to Tenzin Gyatso when he
was my guest during his first US visit he
publicly said "I may not reincarnate." (Whether
my explaining the difference between the
traditional Tibetan religious belief and Buddhist
belief had any influence on his statement I do
not know. He has since then been surrounded by
money people and prefers giving "empowerment"
ceremonies which raise a lot more money than his
earlier practice of explaining his form of "Buddhism" in direct lecture form.