[Buddha-l] on eating meat

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Oct 19 18:44:09 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 23:40 +0100, Mike Austin wrote:

> It is this multitude of dependencies that, I feel, are hard to reconcile
> with one's own actions of body, speech and mind. Is it through these one
> accumulates good or bad karma?

It is thinking in terms of individuality that creates most of the
problems we face.

>  Or is it by any interdependency with any evil act in the world.

Yes.

> If it were the latter, we would all be doomed.

I'm sorry to be the one to have to point this out, Mike, but in fact we
have all already been doomed. And we'll stay doomed as long as we think
in these simplistic terms of things like individualistic karma and
karma-vipaaka.

--
Richard