[Buddha-l] Re:on eating meat

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Wed Oct 19 00:37:42 MDT 2005

In message <001701c5d43b$cc5f8c20$6900a8c0 at vic.bigpond.net.au>, Kate
<marshallarts at bigpond.com> writes

>I think "breaking the vicious circle" is a very important factor.  In
>Mozambique the locals catch little yellow weaver birds and sell them in
>wicker work cages.  I nearly bought some of the birds just to set them
>free.  I stopped myself from doing so when I realised I'd be creating
>more demand for caged birds.

Only last week, our resident Geshe told of a place in India near to a
lake where the locals caught fish and sold them live. Tibetans in the
area bought these fish to release into the lake again.  The circle of
events continues - perhaps not so 'vicious' as the circle of life and
death, but a suffering circle for the fish even within one lifetime.

--
Metta
Mike Austin