[Buddha-l] Re:on eating meat

Kate marshallarts at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 18 17:29:33 MDT 2005

Hi Laura,

>we will never be able to break the vicious circle<

I think "breaking the vicious circle" is a very important factor.  In Mozambique the locals catch little yellow weaver birds and sell them in wicker work cages.  I nearly bought some of the birds just to set them free.  I stopped myself from doing so when I realised I'd be creating more demand for caged birds.

I am a lapsed vegetarian and while I'm not Buddhist, the posts here have made me re-think about this issue and why I was vegetarian in the first place.  Thanks everyone.

Regards
Kate