[Buddha-l] Re: An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Oct 12 12:02:01 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 13:34 +0100, Andrew Skilton wrote:

> But is Buddha-l a Buddhist environment? With recent revision of the
> 'constitution' and from observed practice, Buddha-l is pretty much anything that
> the moderators (and some contributors) want it to be.

It is was contributors want it to be. Hardly any moderation is done (or
needed), since this list has shown itself to be stable and well behaved.

> My conclusion: Buddha-l is habitually populated by folks who like a particular
> type of question or exchange. Personally, I might contribute more often to a
> list with a slightly different 'style'.

Surely the only way to change the style of the list is to be a regular
contributor. I anyone wishes to set a different tone than the one that
they see here, all they need do is to write in the tone they like. If
others like it, they will respond in kind. There is probably no other
way to achieve change on a mostly unmoderated list.

--
Dh. Dayamati
Albuquerque, New Mexico