[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

bclough bclough at aucegypt.edu
Wed Oct 12 09:32:19 MDT 2005

>bclough wrote:

On this issue, I would recommend Reginald Ray's superb analysis of
Devadatta as condemned forest ascetic in his *Buddhist Saints in
India*, pp. 162-178.

Joy Vriens wrote:
> Thank you Brad. I had a sneek peek via http://print.google.com and
it looks very interesting indeed. Some sources
(saddharmapu.n.dariika) mentionned by Reginald Ray go even further
than what I dared to imagine.

>Great tool print.google.

Most welcome, Joy; Ray's book is really a tour de force and should be
intriguing to all those interested in the history of Indian Buddhism.
And thanks for putting me/us onto print.google. I for one was not
aware of this tool.

Best,
Brad