[Buddha-l] Dana

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 08:32:16 MDT 2005

Likewise. PETA also has alienated me with their tactics.

That's as good as, or better, than money. Blood is scarce. I wish I
could donate, but hypertension precludes that. My wife was donating
regularly, but a false positive on some obscure test forever barred
her.

Why the Vedanta Society, if I may ask?

My wife and I used to belong to the local UU church (in fact, we re-met
there, but that's a different topic) but did not find it met our rather
liberal needs. It's hard to find a good liberal bastion in Texas (but
we did, later, at a Christian Church-Disciples of Christ church --
another story).

Michael

(Have I caught up with the other posters yet? <g>)

--- "Richard P. Hayes" <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

[snip]

> Greenpeace is much too radical for my tastes these days and it
> occasionally sponsors illegal activities, so I no longer support
> them, although I used to.
>
> [snip]...and by giving blood to United Blood Services. This
> request seems quite reasonable to me. I'm a big fellow with lots of
> blood, so I'll probably make giving blood a regular routine for a
> while.
>
> In the past the bulk of my daana was given to Buddhist organizations,
> but nowadays we prefer the Vedanta Society and the Unitarian-
> Universalist Association, because both of them seem to us (my wife
> and I) to be promoting our values better than anyone else is doing
> these days.

[snip]