[Buddha-l] Dana

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Tue Oct 11 00:59:16 MDT 2005

Hi Mike,

> What are your preferred charities - and why?

Médecins sans frontières and Aide & Action on a regular base. The Red
Cross, irregularly but unfortunately at a more and more regular basis
with the current rate of disasters. Aide & Action (There must be an
equivalent in the English speaking world, but I don't know the name)
provides children all over the world with free non-confessional
schooling, which I think is extremely important. You can choose for a
personal contact with the children or for general sponsorhip. I started
off with the personal contact formula, but it creates too much of an
obligation for the child. When the child dropped out of the teaching
programme because its parents needed him to work on the fields, I became
a general benefactor.

Joy