[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 01:03:10 MDT 2005

In message <001f01c5cd50$39edca10$2930cece at charlie>, jkirk
<jkirk at spro.net> writes

>>>Yes, but so is the male point of view. The fact is that points of view
>>>are points of view and that there is no such thing as male and female
>>>points of view.
>>
>> Right. By distinguishing between them, one creates the very problem
>>that  one seeks to eliminate.  How adept we are at creating dukkha
>>from, well,  nothing at all really.
>>
>> --  Metta
>> Mike Austin
>===============
>How utterly silly. If you are thinking at all, instead of just
>vegetating, you are inevitably making distinctions. There is a
>difference between pointing out
>differences in order to learn more about whatever is under observation,
>or to bring hitherto hidden aspects to light-- and getting attached to
>them as dogmas.
>But there is also getting attached to non-thinking as a dogma too.
>Enjoy your dogmas, boys.
>JK

Of course, one makes distinctions in one's process of thinking.  It is a
universal application of a particular distinction that makes it a dogma.
You have established a dogma here - the principle that  there is a 'male
viewpoint' and a 'female viewpoint'. But Richard and I are simply having
none of it.

--
Metta
Mike Austin