[Buddha-l] Re: Diversions, distractions and off-topic discussions

bclough bclough at aucegypt.edu
Sun Oct 9 17:54:49 MDT 2005

>> Mike Austin writes:
> >..."There are these ten topics of [proper] conversation. Which
ten? Talk on modesty, on contentment, on seclusion, on non->>>>>>>
entanglement, on arousing persistence, on virtue, on concentration,
on discernment, on release, and on the knowledge & vision of release
..."

>Lance Cousins writes:
>
> I quite agree that these are good topics for discussion for both
> monks and lay people and would personally find Buddha-L more
> interesting if it were discussing them more.

While I wholeheartedly agree with points made here concerning why
Buddhists should be concerned with politics, I find myself concurring
with Mike and Lance that more conversations on the above topics would
be most welcome on Buddha-L.

Brad Clough