[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 9 12:50:00 MDT 2005

jkirk schreef:

> The fact is that points of view
>
>> are points of view and that there is no such thing as male and female
>> points of view.
>>

>> --
>> Richard Hayes
>
> ===============
> Sorry but that's wrong----if you hold to that view, then you have no
> concept
> of culture whatsoever, thanks to an apparent decision to disregard
> some very
> huge social realities.

If that's a fact I wonder if a guy could have a female point of view. If
so, which kind of male arguments could a female produce to convince a
male to give up his 'natural' point of view, if not I fail to see how
you could blame him.  I remember a line from Chuang Tse  saying that if
there are two points of view any choice means take sides.
Maybe you should redefine your objections. Personally I have always
enjoyed your info an d I hope you'll keep up the good work.

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms