[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Oct 9 12:53:42 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 13:07 -0400, Peter D. Junger wrote:

> I tend to agree with Richard.

Jeez, Peter, where's your testosterone? Guys don't AGREE with each
other. That's what gals do.

> As to whether Richard has, or wants, a concept of culture I will
> leave to him to repond.

Gracias, amigo Now that you ask, I have to say that I find the idea of
culture one of the most ill-founded, unscientific, hare-brained, useless
and perhaps even dangerous ideas of the 20th century. The sooner we dump
it, the better we'll all be.

I'm almost perfectly incapable of saying anything intelligent on e-mail,
because it takes too much time to be intelligent. So let me recommend a
good book: Ian Hacking's "The Social Construction of What?"

--
Richard Hayes