[Buddha-l] Re: Conspiracy Theories of World War II

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 9 10:22:56 MDT 2005

On Oct 9, 2005, at 8:16 AM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

>> shown to be erroneous, as Robert Stinnett's well-researched book, Day
>> of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor, has shown.
>
> That's probably the oldest "conspiracy" theory we have re: WW II
> (anti-war
> activists were already proposing that in the early '40s).

Thanks for taking the time to debunk this ridiculous book one more
time. I don't suppose it will ever get debunked enough to just
disappear. Well documented history refutes almost everything in this
conspiracy story. But, one has to admit, conspiracies are usually
fascinating to speculate about if they are detailed enough and have
enough verisimilitude.