[Buddha-l] Statistics

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Oct 8 22:26:16 MDT 2005

Joanna Kirkpatrick's observation that she is being ignored prompted me
to look into the archives. Here we are, eight days into October, and
already we have six contributors who have sent more that twenty messages
this month. The most frequent contributors have been:

Benito Carral, 30 messages
Joy Vriens, 29
Chan Fu, 26
Richard Hayes, 24
Joanna Kirkpatrick, 23
Dan Lusthaus, 23

Joanna is an academic who loves to write and who, being retired, has
time on her hands. I don't know what the hell excuse the rest of us
have.

An examination of threads in September and October shows that Joanna's
messages are not ignored much more than those of anyone else who writes
a lot. I have a hunch that many readers get into the habit of
automatically deleting messages from people who write a lot. It's easy
to set up a filter to do such things, and I'd bet that just about all
subscribers to buddha-l have found ways to send all the messages of
their least favorite writers to the junk file.

--
Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu>
***