[Buddha-l] Diversions, distractions and off-topic discussions

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sat Oct 8 12:21:29 MDT 2005

In message <4347D580.9080405 at cola.iges.org>, curt <curt at cola.iges.org>
writes
>Caring passionately about political and social issues, and engaging in
>robust debate about them are no more or less related to practice than
>chopping wood, carrying water, sitting meditation, chanting mantras, etc.

Then why not discuss chopping wood on this forum?  Because it is a topic
for a lumberjacks' forum.  One can always engage in political debates in
the political forums. But, to my mind, caring needs to be in conjunction
with strategy to be effective. I just don't see the strategy behind such
debates on this forum.

--
Metta
Mike Austin