[Buddha-l] Theravada

Bruce Burrill brburl at mailbag.com
Mon Oct 3 14:46:11 MDT 2005

Am I correct to say that Theravada not only refers to an ordination
lineage, but is also a doctrinal lineage. Such a distinction can be
made? Are there solely ordination lineages that have no doctrinal
affiliations, or doctrinal schools that have no ordination lineage? I
think I know the answers to these question, but I would some learned
input from maybe Profs Counsins, Lusthaus, and Gethin (if he is still
on the list) and anyone else who has good handle on this. Thanks much.