[Buddha-l] Re: Can an Air Force cadet have Buddha nature?

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 19:09:46 MDT 2005

Gang,

Richard Hayes wrote,

> As I'm sure everyone here knows, the Buddhist Peace Fellowship
> is remaining active. Its website is http://www.bpf.org.

The BPF is indeed active around the world--even here in America: I take
pride in being one of the charter members of the new incarnation of the
Los Angeles chapter, begun last year. But what I really want to point
out is that the BPF is just one group within the larger organization,
The Fellowship of Reconciliation, begun in 1914 by Christians hoping to
head off WWI. It now embraces chapters representing many religions and
some non-religious groups working together for peace, justice,
sustainability, etc., and doing so in the open as Buddhists or Jews or
Methodists or what-have-you. Unless I misread the meaning of Richard's
words (which is, as we've established, not unlikely), this is just the
sort of cooperative social action he was calling for.

http://www.forusa.org/

Peace,

Franz