[Buddha-l] Halbfass

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed May 11 18:46:40 MDT 2005

Fort, Andrew wrote:

> At the mention of my guru Wilhelm Halbfass, I can't resist adding what a fine, humane person he was.  <snip>
> It was hard to see Dick Cheney mentioned in any proximity to him.

Thanks for your first-hand report on Halbfass, Andy. It's always good to
hear people talk about the mentors who have shaped their lives in
positive directions, and its especially good to hear such testimony
coming from people who have many of the same qualities of the mentors
whom they praise.

As for Dick Cheney, it is hard to see him mentioned in ANY discussion,
unless it is a discussion about miscreant politicians being sent to
prison for crimes against humanity. But you won't drag me into another
political discussion. Not until tomorrow.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy