[Buddha-l] Re: +AFs-Buddha-l+AF0- Anomalous doctrines

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 13:39:48 MST 2005

Dear Richard,

> The size limit for messages is normally 10,000 characters. Your message
> was 25% over that. [snip]
Yes, thanks for posting it -- I thought there might be some byte limit so I
was tempted to split the msg into two parts.  I shall try to restrain myself
next time.

> What is there to debate?
But not everybody is as knowledgable as yourself.

> For as long as there have been canons Buddhists have had a choice
> between two views of nirvana. Which one chooses is a matter of
> personal choice.
Yes, but I'm interested in the historical significance of that -- maybe not
your cup of tea, but I find it a topic not devoid of scholarly significance.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge