[Buddha-l] Re: Texas liberals (death penalty)

Bshmr at aol.com Bshmr at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 11:53:46 MDT 2005

>Stefan Detrez <stefan.detrez at gmail.com>: To kill a whole ... As I stated, if
someone would have killed Hitler in his early years, or Stalin or Pol Pot, I
think the killer would do the world a favor and would, in consequence, create
favorable conditions for social cohesion and development. Such ... if somebody
would have shot Rumsfeld before he decided to... Who knows?

Oft forgotten is that any killing has consequences, to the killer and killed.
The historical texts are very clear.

In the questionable example of one killing a tyrant earlier (so to speak)
before their crimes is to act on the chance that one's imagination is not
delusion.  Society doesn't support 'psychic revelation' as justifying violence --
only criminal acts themselves are crimes. Fortunately, I might add -- otherwise I
would have been raped, robbed, assaulted, punished, ... hundreds or thousands
of times. But, folks don't necessarily act out their fantasies or mine.

Now back to your hypothetical, the 'psychic commando' most likely would have
been apprehended and punished (rather severely) for executing a leader
(potential Mess-I-Ah ...) or an innocent infant Hilter/Stalin/Pol Pot if prescient
enough. In any event, the 'psychic commando' would reap consequences for their
actions -- either a shortened one life or additional ups and downs, or births
and deaths if you prefer.

Note that the visions of the 'psychic commando', when not acted on, would be
interpreted as 'past lives', 'parallel dimensions', or 'seductive futures' --
that is, one of the side-effects of meditation.

rbb