[Buddha-l] A ltter concerning toleration

Michel Clasquin clasqm at mweb.co.za
Wed Jun 1 13:10:39 MDT 2005

Steven Lane wrote:
>  Apparently you feel anything on this list can hurt my reputation. All the
> true scholars of Buddhism left this list long ago. What's left are only
> ageing leftwing morons who can't get their heads out of the 60's

The 60's? I have heard of them. But I was in grade school at the time.
So I guess that makes me a non-ageing leftwing moron.

> or their
> own asses.

Such mature, well-considered reflections ...

>It perfectly within my right to forward all of Hayes posts to
> whomever I feel. Do you deny me that freedom.

Why would anyone deny you the freedom to make a fool of yourself in
public and prove to the entire world that Richard Hayes is correct, that
your country really is becoming the world centre of hate-mongering fanatics?

However, you may want to talk to a lawyer about the concept "crimen
injuria". Yes, those are big words and they are in Latin. It means that
Richard can now sue you for every cent you own. I believe you do still
have a legal system of sorts over there.

--
"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so."
-- Bertrand Russell