[Buddha-l] Re: Another query (StormyTet@aol.com)

John Whalen-Bridge ellwbj at nus.edu.sg
Sat Jul 23 21:25:29 MDT 2005

RE Buddhist Cultural STudies--we're working on this!  Gary Storhoff and I have  essays for several forthcoming volumes of essays on Buddhism and American Culture.  The series is being published by SUNY Press. We have material for volumes on Buddhism and American literature and Buddhism and American film.   We are interested especially in a few more critical essays on Buddhist teachers in America such as Chogyam Trungpa and Robert Aitken.  And others.  Please send queries my way.  We also have a volume Buddhism and community (including social structures, ethical issues, ethnicity and American Buddhism, etc) that could use one or two more essays.

We will also accept proposals for monographs.

All best,    JWB