[Buddha-l] Kaalacakratantra translations?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sun Jul 10 15:32:25 MDT 2005

In message <5f99fa5e55681f022d15a81f057b8b13 at sympatico.ca>, J Tatelman
<tatelman at sympatico.ca> writes
>Colleagues,
>
>I have in my now rather out-of-date notes that there are two Sanskrit
>editions of the Kaalacakra Tantra (Chandra & Chandra 1966, Banerjee
>1985), but no translation into a European language.
>
>I'd be grateful for any more up-to-date information about editions or
>translations.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Joel Tatelman
>Ottawa, Canada.

Joel,

There are translations of the practice provided at initiations, e.g.:

 THE GURU YOGA OF KALACHAKRA
 IN CONNECTION WITH THE SIX SESSIONS
 IN COMPLETELY FACILITATING FORM
 Formulated by
 His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama
 Arranged by the Foremost Protector Ling Rin-bo-chay

 Translated by Jeffrey Hopkins in accordance with instruction from
 His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama and
 Gan-den Tri Rin-bo-chay Jam-bel-shen-pen

 The text includes explanatory material and the actual meditation rite
 to be practised six times daily, which is the poetry in bold-face.

Is this any use?

--
Metta
Mike Austin