[Buddha-l] Re: fundamentalism

Stanley J. Ziobro II ziobro at wfu.edu
Wed Jul 6 18:54:02 MDT 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> > Sometimes there are Catholics who become excellent scholars of
> > Buddhism.
>
> Nice try, I think a better tie than that is called for.

True, Richard.  The only connection I had at the time pertained to
Joanna's cogent comments relative to her Christian sister's group of
home-schoolers.  My post was simply to observe a similar group with which
I am familiar.  Although I didn't wander far from the topic of the
phenomenon of home-schooling, my comments were clearly irrelevant when I
mentioned the word "Catholic."  I could not, however, construe the group
as "Buddhist" because those comprising it are not, so I at least attempted
to observe the prohibition against lying.  I am not trying to be witty
here since I have little of wit about me.

Stan Ziobro