[Buddha-l] Re: S. Pinker

Stanley J. Ziobro II ziobro at wfu.edu
Mon Jul 4 09:55:11 MDT 2005

Richard P. Hayes <Richard.P.Hayes at comcast.net> scripsit:

>On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 14:19 -0400, Stanley J. Ziobro II wrote:
>
>> I don't share your belief that nobody ever set out to "attack" the family,
>> since some people do with undisguised intention, some as a result of
>> adopting an ideology the principles of which are antithetical to the well-beng
>> of the human person as a being in relation with others
>
>You have seen this in the United States? I'd be interested in knowing
>who has made this kind of ideological attack on the family (aside from
>Buddhists, of course). I was out the the country for more that thirty-
>eight years, so things may have gone on while I was away, but I can't
>think of any commonly taught ideology that either deliberately or even
>inadvertently has the effects you are describing.

Richard,

I've been doing Google searches seeking sites where the concept of
"anti-family" is mentioned.  What follows will give anybody interested
some sense of the question.  NB that some of these sites are highly
subversive (but I think they are at least informative); my only aim here
is to indicate via these references approaches to making inquiry into and
analyzing the question.

More later.  Happy 4th!

Stan

National Review: In an Anti-Family Way - The work of Stephanie Coontz
www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ mi_m1282/is_20_53/ai_78692124

Speeches :: Writings :: Gary Hart :: Restoring the American Republic
Our current laissez-faire policies, representing anti-family values, are destroying
communities. And, predictably, we are seeing anti-democratic ...
www.garyhartnews.com/hart/ writings/speeches/ucla

IslamOnline.net - From Beijing to New Yourk - Views
Such an effort may be counter-productive by persuading the anti-family platform
for a ... 7- For this author’s view on this topic see my various writings ...
www.islamonline.net/English/ In_Depth/Doha_Conference/views/06.shtml

Books and other writings by Melanie Phillips
Books and other writings by Melanie Phillips ... The result has been an anti-family
policy in which everyone has become a potential loser. ...
pws.prserv.net/mpjr/mp/books.html

RadFeminism
who is anti-family, anti-male, anti-traditional morality ... This misandrous
attitude pervades their thinking, their writings, their speeches and their ...
www.geocities.com/RainForest/ Vines/3951/noback/radfem.html

Townhall.com Book Service: The "American Way" by Carlson, Allan
Theodore Roosevelt's remarkably prescient pro-family writings: how he has been
proven ... How modern-day, anti-family feminists misrepresent and wrongfully ...
www.thbookservice.com/ products/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=c6374

rodney croome - gay activist
Log Cabin has spent most of the year fighting the anti-family Federal Marriage
Amendment. ... plus writings & speeches on:. a) Gay Tasmania b) Gay Australia ...
www.rodneycroome.id.au/other_more?id=893_0_2_0_M

Catholic Culture : Document Library : Duquesne University Honors ...
... discourses and writings are unusually high on rhetoric and low on facts. ...
The CDF is Anti-Child and Anti-Family — The so-called Children's Defense ...
www.catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=2757

The Trusts: Men = Cannon Fodder = Big Profits
What I find fascinating about the circumstances is that the writings by Otto Gross
... anti-family, anti-establishment and anti-male interest groups alike. ...
www.fathersforlife.org/hist/krupp.htm

Legal Recognition to Homosexual Unions
... Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Instruction Donum vitae (February
22, 1987), II. ... L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See. ...
www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/CDFHOMUN.HTM