[Buddha-l] Zen War Guilt/Zen and the Sword

Richard Hayes richard.p.hayes at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 09:08:47 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 10:01 -0400, curt wrote:

> Personally I think people would be better off reading Edward
> Said's "Orientalism" that Brian Victoria's books.

Said's book is one of the worse pieces of crap I have ever read on any
topic. But even if it weren't, I can't imagine what possible relevance
his interminable self-righteous rant would have to people in Buddhist
studies or to studied Buddhists. Can you offer a hint as to what a naive
pink-skinned left-wing hippie pacifist Buddhist convert has to learn
from a raving bellicose polemicist like Edward Said?

--
Richard Hayes

--
Richard Hayes