[Buddha-l] Pecha printing, duplication

Richard Hayes richard.p.hayes at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 10:14:41 MDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 11:45 -0400, Richard Nance wrote:

> You might also want to contact the people at Pelri Parkhang, who would
> be up to date on the latest methods for efficient printing of pecha
> texts (www.parkhang.org).

Thanks for that information, Richard. Although only tangential to Bill
Kish's problem, anyone interested in typesetting Tibetan in pecha format
may want to look into the ctib macro package for the LaTeX mark-up
language. It has a special set of macros for creating pecha-style pages.
Why anyone would want to do such a thing is entirely beyond me, but by
golly it can be done. Further information can be found at the
Comprehensive TeX Archine Network (CTAN). Their home page is
www.ctan.org. On the page that comes up is a link to a local search
engine. Doing a search for Tibetan will bring up several packages,
including one on Pecha printing.

(Sorry about this. I am almost as incapable of resisting an opportunity
to plug TeX and LaTeX as of resisting a temptation to criticize George
W. Bush.)

--
Richard Hayes

--